Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'ts all about respect "mchana"

Having respect for others is difficult if you have no respect for yourself. you earn respect if you respect yourself and the ones around you .
One needs to pay attention when people disrespect you, and act on it. A person with self respect doesn't tolerate others to treat them badly, and would rather not associate with someone who is disrespectful. “that’s me” I cant tolerate such behaviours’, people who think that your life revolves around them.
This might seem obvious, but there are many times when we accept being treated badly (in both big and small ways) because we believe the person doesn't know any better, or because we're not prepared to let that person go, or because we're too down on ourselves to believe we deserve better. When someone doesn't give you basic respect, you need to be able to say, in one way or another, "You just disrespected me and that's not acceptable to me. If you don't respect me, I won't spend time with you anymore." Can you say that, and mean it? Can you turn your back on someone who's clearly shown that they don't respect you? Once you do, you'll feel your sense of self-respect and you level of confidence would accelerate, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. i think respect is important too- for all people... older and younger than you... and its always a good idea to surround yourself with good people... difficult at times... but attainable

    ReplyDelete